Friday, 30 November 2007

Own portfolio as at end of Nov 2007

Latest Holdings:
Cash
China Fishery (Bought additional shares)
China Energy
ChinaHongxing
ChinaWheel (Bought additional shares)
ChinaXLX (Bought additional shares)
Jiutian Chemical (Bought additional shares)
Sihuan
STX Pan Ocean

CPF
Asia Enterprise
Midas
Raffles Education

The last 2 weeks was good as I took advantage of the weak market sentiments to add position of some of my holdings. Over the past fortnight, some substantial shareholders and directors also bought shares in companies they felt undervalued or have been oversold. Some of them are:

ChinaHongxing
China Fishery
Jiutian
China XLX

My next round of buying will be 20% lower of current prices. I may continue to buy more if I see value emerging and more importantly the fundamental of the companies must not deteriorate. On one hand I hope that the current downfall can continue for a little longer but I also fear the negative sentiments that it brings. Already, my boss and colleagues are painting very glum picture with US recession on the horizon and China bubbles to burst. If this negative feeling persists, it can only bring more harm to the economy and affecting our daily lives adversely. Some naive ones feel that as long as they stay away from the share market, they can be immunised and spared. But from my experience, when the bosses don't feel good, they will hold back pay rises and look to cut costs here and there and that eventually will affect you and I. So like it or not, we better pray that the market recovers sooner than later!

No comments: