Thursday, 11 October 2007

Raffles Education Corp ~ A phenomenon Stock!

Raffles Education Corp was listed on the SGX back in early 2002. If I remember correctly, it was trading at below $0.20 after IPO. After many rounds of splits and bonus issues, if you held on to 1,000 shares since IPO, today you would have got 6,500 shares.

If you had invested $1,000 back then, that $1,000 would have grown by 158.444 times. ie, you shares would be worth close to $160,000 at today's closing price of $2.87.

This was probably the best performing stock in the history of SGX until Ezion came about recently. It has made Mr Chew one of the richest men in Singapore.

Today, I would like to congratulate Raffles Education as it set to become the largest education provider in the Asia Pacific region. I will continue to hold the shares in my own portfolio. Who knows? It might be worth more than $1million in 10 years time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Jason.
Your blogger is quite interesting and informative to me. I am also holding some stock of Raffles Education. Actually, I have been keeping my eyes on this counter for more than 2 years. Do you think it's a good idea to stick to this stock until its price reaches up to S$4? My unrelised profit is about 70% now. I am thinking of selling all stock sooner, but am definitely falling in love with this company as it expands her business aggressively but wisely.
Any advice for me?

Thanks.
Jason

Kit said...

Hi Jason,

Thanks for following my blog. Raffles Edu is one such stock you can keep away "under your pillow". I always advise people to use CPF to buy this counter so that one will be less tempted to sell. I think it will continue to deliver growth and hence share price will response positively.